• Where are you located, and do you travel? We live at 7500 feet in a beautiful mountain town called Estes Park, Colorado and we travel both here in the United States and internationally. We’ve been to Mexico, Iceland, Italy, France, and Hawaii, as well as a lot of the United States for our work and we would be willing to travel anywhere you need us. We offer discounts to places we love, so please ask away!
• What comes included with the photography? All of our weddings come with a private online gallery for you to view, download, print, share, and create from.
• When will we get to see our pictures? Within four to eight weeks we’ll have the gallery ready for you! (It takes a long time to edit photos, see this post)
• Do you send our photos away to be edited? All of the pictures that you see are edited by us. This enables us to keep our prices lower and it keeps us accountable for every edited photo that you see.
• Do you have a “second shooter”? We are both professional, full time photographers and we shoot every wedding together. A second shooter would be disconnected from our style and our vision as a couple. The option to have Kari or I work by ourselves at a wedding is usually reserved for elopements and small weddings.
• Can we just hire one of you for the day? Short answer, no. Most of the pictures that you see on our site are a collaboration of both of us. When I’m shooting, Kari is usually holding the flash and working angles. When Kari is shooting, I’m doing something that makes the image better too. Your pictures from your day would not be as artistic and well composed if just one of us shot it.
• Do you offer an engagement session as part of the wedding package? If you hire us for your engagement pictures and a full day of wedding coverage we will definitely work something out.
• What is the typical wedding day coverage? In order for us to capture everything about your day, we need to be there. While we will shoot for less time, six hours is the minimum to be able to fully represent your wedding in pictures. Your family and friends have come a long way to see you both be married. Some weren’t able to. A full day of wedding coverage lets all of the people you love see how your day unfolded.
• Can we just hire you for our ceremony? There are a lot of photographers who would love to work with you for just one hour, but that is not our style. We made a decision a long time ago to create stories with our galleries that we deliver and an hour or two of shooting isn’t long enough to tell a story.
• We hired a local “all inclusive” wedding company, but the photos from their photographer not are how we want our special day represented. Can we hire you as well for the ceremony to get the pictures we really want? This is incredibly common, especially here in Estes Park. As a professional courtesy, we will not shoot alongside another company. Please do your homework. Call us and we’ll help you find vendors if we need to.
• Do you offer videography? Photography and videography are two completely different disciplines and we only photograph. To learn and be good at videography would take away from our time with photography.
• Can we edit the pictures ourselves? Short answer? No, not without written permission.
• Meeting in person isn’t really an option for us, can we meet online somehow? Most of the people that we have photographed do not live within a driving distance to have a glass of wine or coffee with. We are very willing to meet online.
We booked a client while we were in the Outer Banks of North Carolina fishing and surfing. We were in a small gift shop that was connected to a pier.
We booked another client from our van, working from a mountain biking trip in Moab Utah.
While we were in Cancun on a wedding shoot, we visited with clients who booked us for their destination wedding in Iceland.
• Do we arrange your travel? We will arrange all of it. If you have certain questions or concerns about our travel, get in touch.
• How will you be dressed on our wedding day? Since we are not in any of the pictures we will be wearing clothes with stylish comfort in mind. We would love to wear very nice wedding attire, but as you can see from our pictures, we move around a lot and need to be comfortable.